Potato Rosemary Focaccia[Baked on 23 Mar 2013]
Some weeks back, I chanced upon an Indonesian bakery magazine and saw a very lovely picture of a Potato Rosemary Focaccia. I couldn't help but to really want to try to bake this focaccia. Since it was printed in Indonesian Bahasa, I post a copy in the Singapore Homebakers' Facebook. Alice kindly did the translation for me. I've hence, uploaded the document back into the group to be shared with the rest of the homebakers.
The bread was rather sticky and difficult to handle. I oiled the table-top and tried to knead them smoothly. It didn't turn out smooth though. I proceeded to just spread them out on my tray and let it proof. It proved beautifully and baked well. I placed it on the lowest rack of my oven to prevent burning the top. It baked well and was moist. It tasted even better when slightly toasted with cheese.
Recipe for Potato Rosemary Focaccia, by Chef Rahmat, Sous Chef Hotel Borobudur, Bakery Magazine - Vol.1 No. 5/May 2011
(Makes a 11" x 14" tray pan)
200g bread flour
10g instant yeast
1.Beat all ingredients with electric mixer for 8 minutes
2.Cover dough with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight
500g potato – steamed
50g olive oil
300g bread flour
5g instant yeast
10g bread improver (I omitted this)
1 .Beat steamed potato with electric mixer till smooth.
2. Add in rosemary and oil, mix well.
3. Add in bread flour, salt, yeast and bread improver and mix low speed.
4. Add in sourdough, beat at high speed for 10 minutes until well mixed.
5. Rest the dough, covered with cling wrap.
6. Place the dough on an oiled tray pan.
7. Brush oil on the dough, sprinkle rosemary, ground pepper and salt.
8. Rest for 20 minutes , and then bake for 15 minutes at 200C at the lowest rack.
9. Remove from the oven, let it rest for 30mins before removing from the pan.